By Ashley Hartman, Benefits Administrator at Medical Solutions
Imagine that you went to your favorite coffee shop, paid for a cup of coffee, and when it was served there was also a bonus chocolate cupcake alongside your java! Not only does that sound like a pretty great day in the making, that’s also sort of how United Healthcare discounts for Medical Solutions Travelers work.
For those enrolled in health insurance through Medical Solutions, we wanted to remind you about the availability of United Healthcare discounts — so that you can be sure you’re getting the most out of your benefits.
While there aren’t any bonus cupcakes involved, the Health Discount Program offered through United Healthcare is a program full of bonuses that lets you save on the following health and wellness purchases:
- Dental care — Cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening
- Vision care — Laser eye surgery
- Alternative care — Acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy, and natural medicine
- Long-term care services — Skilled nursing facilities, assisted living, respite programs and durable medical equipment
- Infertility treatment
- Hearing devices
- Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, and other weight management programs
- Nutrition counseling
- Fitness clubs including Anytime Fitness, Curves, Gold’s Gym, Jazzercise, Life Time Fitness, MyGym, and Snap Fitness
- Fitness equipment and apparel
- Natural products and foods
- Stress reduction and relaxation resources
- Smoking cessation programs
Wow, that’s a lot! But how do you actually use these discounts? Here’s a quick cheat sheet:
- Register online at www.myuhc.com. For any questions about how to register online, you can call UHC Member Services at 866.633.2446.
- Once you’re logged in, look for the “Extra Programs and Discounts” link on the home page under “What would you like to do today?”
- To search for a provider, program or online retailer, click the “UnitedHealth Allies” link and search by category (such as Alternative Care) and specialty (such as Massage) surrounding your zip code.
- For individual providers, click “Select This Provider” to generate a discount confirmation. Print the confirmation and take it with you to your appointment.
- When making an appointment, make sure to identify yourself as a UnitedHealth Allies discount program member and pay the discounted rate at time of service.
- For national providers such as weight loss programs, follow the instructions on the Provider Profile page to purchase products or services at the discounted rate.
We hope that this information helps you take advantage of United Healthcare discounts for Medical Solutions Travelers! Now, who wants cupcakes?