At Medical Solutions we embrace every possible chance to honor and celebrate our Travelers and hard-working nurses all over. Because of that, Nurses Week is always a REALLY BIG DEAL around here.
The annual week-long observation of Nurses Week is every year from May 6-12, ending on Florence Nightingale’s birthday.
This year as we started brainstorming for ideas to honor, celebrate, entertain, and reward our Travelers during Nurses Week, we realized that the one person we should really be asking was YOU. So, through social media and survey, we asked you, other nurses, and Medical Solutions Travelers how they would to celebrate.
We wish we could shower you with extra PTO and vacations (these were replies we heard a couple times!) … but beyond that here is the slate of activities based upon your feedback for YOUR Nurses Week:
Medical Solutions’ “Your Nurses Week” 2014 celebration will include:
- The Real Nurses of Nurses Week Gallery — This is a place where Nurses can share a brief bio and a picture explaining how and why they decided to get into nursing, why it’s rewarding, why it’s fun, future career plans within healthcare, why all the hard work is worth it, and more!
- Share Your Best Nursing Stories — We know our Travelers have some incredible stories! We want to hear them all: the good, the bad, the ugly, the funny, and the sad. Each contribution will automatically enter the storyteller into a drawing for a grand prize 1-year membership to Massage Envy that includes one massage each month (a $720 value) or a second place prize $250 gift card to Scrubs and Beyond. The most up-voted stories will later be included in an e-book of great nursing stories.
- #yournursesweek — C’mon get happy and social by sharing and searching this hashtag on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Nurses Week eCards — Choose from these four awesome eCards to honor your Nurse friends and colleagues — or post them to your own social media page!
- Third Annual Nurses of Tomorrow Scholarship Essay Contest — In support of the Nurse leaders of tomorrow, three lucky undergraduate or postgraduate Nurse Scholars will each win $1000 to help out with education costs.
Happy Nurses Week! And thanks so very much for everything you do!