What would you do if you suddenly became injured and weren’t able to work for a few months? What would happen to your finances if you suffered a heart attack or stroke? Accidents and illness are impossible to predict or plan, but with Medical Solutions’ voluntary benefits you don’t have to worry about the unexpected. Medical Solutions has you covered with voluntary benefits!
Travel Nurses are top priority at Medical Solutions. That’s why we took your feedback to heart last year, and are now offering you short-term disability and critical illness insurance in order to protect you financially should you be hurt or sick and unable to work.
So, what’s the difference between these two benefits?
Short-Term Disability Insurance
With short-term disability insurance:
- You’ll be offered important financial protection in case you’re ever in an accident and suffer a disabling injury.
- If you are hurt and cannot work, you will be paid cash benefits directly so that you can continue paying your bills and/or paying for medical costs.
- The benefits are paid directly to you on a monthly basis and you can choose to use that money however you need.
Critical Illness Insurance
Likewise, with critical illness insurance:
- Protects you financially should you be diagnosed with a critical illness, like a heart attack or stroke.
- Cash benefits are paid to you in the event you are diagnosed with a covered critical illness, and you can use that money to cover your out of pocket costs however you see fit.
- These benefits are also available for your spouse and/or child(ren).
So now that you’re informed on these new voluntary benefits, what’s the next step? Just like with your medical, dental, and vision benefits, you can enroll in both short-term disability and critical illness insurance within two weeks from the start of your contract to make your elections with a day-one effective date. The cost for each of these voluntary benefits varies based upon your age, the amount and level of coverage you choose.
Click here to see a full list of rates for short-term disability and here to see a full list of rates for critical illness. Please note that rates are subject to change.
Have more questions? Check out each of these quick videos on your voluntary benefits options. You can also contact your Career Consultant and ask them about getting enrolled today!